- You will be teaching Strive content to students in grade 6-9 through live online classes.
- We build content that teaches math through code, we use https://p5js.org/ to create visual interactive projects that teach a specific math and coding topic.
- You will be given all the material required for each module beforehand.
- As a teacher, your role will be to guide the students to write the code for the full project. This will require a lot of patience, empathy and the skill of explaining math concepts.
Strive exists to make math education more meaningful and applicable to the real world. To equip students with the tools they need to lead meaningful and happy lives.
Strive Math teaches middle and high school math through code via live online 1-1 classes. We make math more fun and connected to the real world by having students code games, art and visualisations using code. Our mission is to make math fun and equip students with the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. Strive is founded by Pulkit Agarwal Stanford GSB Allum and & ExPalantir and Tamir Shklaz, 3x startup founder & South African Entrepreneur of the Year (2019). We started seven months ago and, as of today, teach 60+ hours of classes a week to 30+ weekly active students. We're backed by YCombinator and Entrepreneur First.
The following video shows an example Strive lesson. This can also paint a picture for how it's like to teach a Strive module:
- Strong mathematical foundation to teach Grade 7, 8 and 9 Mathematics
- Need lots of patience and a passion for educating young kids
- Have strong internet connection
- Ideally you will own an iPad or tablet
- 5-20 hours of teaching a week (Flexible based on your schedule)
- Location: All classes on zoom
- $10 USD to $30 USD based on experience and location
Applicants - Strive Content Creator & Teacher | Application Form
Fill out the "Strive Content Creator & Teacher | Application Form" form quickly and securely on Airtable.
Fill out the application form above
- Initial application (1-2 minutes)
- Short coding project (10-20 minutes)
- Introduction call (15-30 minutes)
- Long coding project
- Longer interview (45-60 minutes)
- Final decision
Whatsapp us at +65 9733 1956