Strive is an online coding school for kids (8-16). We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by making coding fun and exciting. We focus, above all else, on making the process of learning joyful.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Role - Help manage the day-to-day operations at Strive
There are 100+ live 1-1 classes happening each week, you’ll be responsible for making sure these classes go smoothly, that parents, teachers, and students are having a joyful experience at Strive.
- Providing customer support to parents and teachers via WhatsApp and phone.
- Helping to manage the schedule of teachers and students.
- Assist in new students’ onboarding.
- Account Management: manage payment dates, renewal, and refunds.
- Recommend and implement process improvements and documentation.
- Other general tasks and projects.
- Bachelor's degree, with 1+ years of working experience preferred
- Excellent command of English, communication, and writing skills
- Meticulous, attention to detail and strong organisational skills: Strong documentation, status tracking, and reporting skills
- Customer-focused mindset, with strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Independent, strong sense of urgency, flexible, adaptable to change, great at managing timezones
- Familiar with Software/Tools: Notion, Airtable, Google Suite, Todoist, Stripe, Discord; or a willingness and ability to learn new tools
- Suitable experience: client support/customer service, operation associate, account manager
- A passion for education and Strive's vision for its future
- Experienced in education/tech industry and startup/remote environment
- Team leadership experience or aspiration
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experienced in automation tools like Integromat, Zapier
- Tech-savvy (Coding experience is a plus point!)
- Clear judgment, Forward thinker, Solution-focused, Fast learner
Why you should apply
🌈 Grow with a highly passionate and diverse team from all over the world that is committed to making learning and work joyful
💬 Have a voice and a space to bring your ideas to life in a small, non-hierarchical team
🏆 Join an operations team that is committed to excellence, which includes accepting and learning from our mistakes and working as a team to improve
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code.
- 40 hours per week, within shift hours structured around our most popular lesson times (Singapore afternoons and weekends); Generally weekends 06h00 - 13h00 CAT and weekdays 06h00 - 15h00 CAT
- Work from wherever you’re most comfortable - you would need your own reliable laptop, internet and backup power
- Preferred locations: South Africa, Cape Town area
- Competitive rates in your region.
- Fill in this form (2-5 mins)
- Record an introduction video of yourself (5-10 mins)
- Intro Call (30 mins)
- Take-home project
- Long Interview (60 minutes)
- Reference checks
- Final decision
For solid applicants, the whole process can take less than 2 weeks.
Write to us at email@example.com