Strive is an online coding school for kids. We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by focusing on active learning methods, engaging and empathetic teachers, and novel visual coding projects tailored to kids’ interests.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re backed by funds like Goodwater Capital (Early investors in Facebook & Spotify) and angels like the president of MasterCard Asia and the Founder of Sequoia India.
Role | Help manage the day-to-day operations at Strive
There are 100+ live 1-1 classes happening each week, you’ll be responsible for making sure these classes go smoothly, that parents, teachers, and students are having a joyful experience at Strive.
- Building relationships with parents and finding ways that Strive can better provide value to them
- Providing customer support to parents and teachers via WhatsApp and phone
- Occasionally reaching out to inbound leads (new prospective customers) to convert them into paying customers
- Helping to manage the schedules of teachers and students
- Assist in new students’ onboarding
- Account Management: manage payment dates, renewal, and refunds
- Recommend and implement process improvements and documentation
- Other general tasks and projects
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent command of English, communication, and writing skills
- Meticulous, attention to detail and strong organisational skills: Strong documentation, status tracking, and reporting skills
- Customer-focused mindset, with strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Independent, strong sense of urgency, flexible, adaptable to change, great at managing timezones
- Familiar with Software/Tools: Notion, Airtable, Google Suite, Todoist, Stripe, Discord; or a willingness and ability to learn new tools
- Suitable experience: client support/customer service agent, customer service agent, operations associate, account manager
- A passion for education and Strive's vision for its future
- 1+ years of working experience preferred
- Experienced in education/tech industry and startup/remote environment
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experienced in automation tools like Integromat, Zapier
- Tech-savvy (Coding experience is a plus point!)
- Clear judgment, Forward thinker, Solution-focused, Fast learner
Why you should apply
🌈 Grow with a highly passionate and diverse team from all over the world that is committed to making learning and work joyful
💬 Have a voice and a space to bring your ideas to life in a small, non-hierarchical team
🏆 Join an operations team that is committed to excellence, which includes accepting and learning from our mistakes and working as a team to improve
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code.
- 40 hours per week, within shift hours structured around our most popular lesson times (Singapore afternoons and weekends)
- Preferred Locations: South Africa, Asia/Singapore, Europe (Candidates who can support the GMT+8 timezone within 9am-9pm SGT are welcome.)
- Work from wherever you’re most comfortable - you would need your own reliable laptop, internet and backup power
- Fill in this form (2-5 mins)
- Record an introduction video of yourself (5-10 mins)
- Intro Call (30 mins)
- Take-home project
- Long Interview (60 minutes)
- Reference checks
- Final decision
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org