We are looking for an enthusiastic, digital-savvy Social Media Manager Intern to help build brand awareness and take control of our online voice. You will be an integral part of aligning company PR, social media, and marketing content to create a strong brand identity for Strive.
This is a very broad role with many responsibilities, thus you will get a wide exposure to the entire business. Here are some example tasks you may be doing.
- Build and manage Strive’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both our brand and our content, including blog pieces, articles, social media posts, newsletters, and videos.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Analyse web traffic and relevant community metrics.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target buyers.
- Create engaging content regularly to grow Strive's footprint in Singapore and worldwide.
- Liaise with Marketing Department to execute promotional events and campaigns via our social media channels.
- Must be a University Student or Graduate
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of graphic design principles and tools.
- Experience in Canva
- Passionate about education and making it more joyful
- Big bonus: Know how to code and use p5js to create beautiful sketches
- Bonus: Past experience in social media management
- Bonus: Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Full-time role to start immediately for 1-month minimum to 1-year maximum.
- The role is a remote role for all countries worldwide.
- Competitive rates for social media interns in your region.
Applicants - Strive Internships | Application Form
Fill out the "Strive Internships | Application Form" form quickly and securely on Airtable.
Fill out the application form above
- Initial application (1-2 minutes)
- Short project (10-20 minutes)
- Short call (15-30 minutes)
- Long call (30-45 minutes)
- Final decision