About Strive Math
Strive is an online coding school for kids (8-16). We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by making coding fun and exciting. We focus, above all else, on making the process of learning joyful.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Role | Turn inbound leads into customers through sales
After we get a lead, it’ll be your job to turn that lead into a paying customer. This will involve you
- Calling customers and getting them excited about Strive
- Messaging and following up with customers via WhatsApp & Email
- Managing a sales pipeline on HubSpot
- Suggesting product ideas and changes to improve our funnel
You’ll also be responsible for existing accounts, making sure they are LOVING Strive and getting them to refer additional customers
- Building relationships with parents and finding ways that Strive can better provide value to them.
- Running referral programs.
- Calling customers and asking for feedback.
- Creating content that helps parents manage their child’s education.
- Account Management: manage payment dates, renewal, and refunds.
- Helping to manage the day to day schedules of teachers and students, and customer accounts.
Requirements | You love building relationships with people and are persuasive over a phone
- All levels of experience welcome
- You’re a fun and confident English speaker that is energised by working with people
- You’re organised with high attention to detail: You’ll be managing dozens of new leads and dozens of existing accounts
- You have a strong ability get points across concisely and persuasively (in writing and verbally)
- Growth mindset and ability to learn quickly
- You’re passionate about education and empowering students
- Tech-savvy (Coding experience is a plus point!)
- You’ve done sales where parents are the customers in the past
- Teaching experience
- You’re entrepreneurial i.e you’ve started your own startup/ side hustle in the past
Why you should apply
🌈 Grow with a highly passionate and diverse team from all over the world that is committed to making learning and work joyful
💬 Have a voice and a space to bring your ideas to life in a small, non-hierarchical team
🏆 Join a team that is committed to excellence, which includes accepting and learning from our mistakes and working as a team to improve
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code.
- 40 hours per week, within relatively flexible hours to serve the Singapore market
- Preferred Locations: South Africa, Asia/Singapore, Europe (Candidates who can support the GMT+8 timezone within 9am-9pm SGT are welcome.)
- Work from wherever you’re most comfortable - you would need your own reliable laptop, internet and backup power
- Fill in this form (2-5 mins)
- Record an introduction video of yourself (5-10 mins)
- Intro Call (30 mins)
- Take-home project
- Long Interview (60 minutes)
- Reference checks
- Final decision