- You will code various projects in P5JS and Python which will be converted into teacher outlines that can be used in a Strive class to teach various math and coding topics.
- For example, one coding project is to teach students how to create a bouncing ball with the intention of teaching vectors. Here is the example teacher outline (80% of your job will be to make outlines like this)
- With a global team, we are looking for strong team players with good communication skills.
- Here is a list of other example projects our content creators have created:
- Coding a rocket to teach the coordinate system
- Coding the game pong to teach speed and velocity
- Drawing spirals to teach degrees and rotation
- Coding a clock to teach rates and fractions
- Coding a fraction calculator to teach improper fractions
- Coding a triangle classifier to teach the 6 types of triangles
- ... this list goes on and will grow with your help!
In the real world, when math is done by engineers or financial analysts, they use computers and code. Yet in school students are still calculating by hand. Coding is the literacy of the 21st century and Strive is creating the content and platform to make math more joyful and actually applicable to the real world.
Strive Math (YC S21) is a 1:1 tutoring service for 6–10th graders that teaches math through coding games and visualizations. For example, when students create the game "Pong", they bring algebra and geometry to life by determining how fast the ball moves and at what angle. They also learn coding at the same time.
Our vision is to replace STEM education in schools and universities globally through our unique pedagogy. Math, physics, biology, and economics should all be taught through code because that's how they are actually applied in industry.
We are a fully remote team consisting of 10+ employees/contractors from South Africa, Singapore, India, Egypt, the USA, and Europe.
The following video shows an example Strive lesson. This can also paint a picture of how it's like to teach a Strive module:
- 5 - 20USD per hour based on speed and skill
- Must be a university student or graduate
- Strong mathematical foundation
- Must think through mathematics visually
- Have a creative flair for creating visual, fun and exciting projects
- Be able to break down complex projects into small building blocks and explain those building blocks succinctly
- Starts as a part-time job, and can convert to a full-time role
- This position is remote and hours are flexible
Fill out the application form here.
- Initial application (1-2 minutes)
- Short coding project (10-20 minutes)
- Introduction call (15-30 minutes)
- Long coding project
- Longer interview (45-60 minutes)
- Final decision
Whatsapp us at +65 9733 1956