Role | Teaching kids math through code via Zoom
- You will be teaching Strive content to students in grades 4-10 through live online classes.
- We build content that teaches math through code, we use https://p5js.org/ to create visual interactive projects that teach a specific math and coding topic.
- You will be given all the material required for each module beforehand.
- As a teacher, your role will be to guide the students to write the code for the full project. This will require a lot of patience, empathy, and the skill of explaining math concepts.
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world
🕐 Earn money on your own schedule
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code
👨🏫 Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs out there, you’ll feel amazing empowering students and putting a smile on their faces.
🧠 Deepen your coding skills, you’ll master programming concepts by teaching them.
Strive is an online coding school for kids (8-16). We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by making coding fun and exciting. We focus, above all else, on making the process of learning joyful.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Qualifications | Know how to code and be passionate about teaching
- Strong mathematical foundation to teach Grade 4-10 math.
- Need lots of patience and a passion for educating young kids
- Have a strong internet connection
- Ideally, you will own an iPad or tablet
- 10-20 hours of teaching a week (Flexible based on your schedule)
- Any applicant with less than 5 hours of availability in a week would not considered
- Teachers who are available on weekends to teach are preferred
- Location: All classes on Zoom / Google Meet
Pay | $10-20 USD per hour
- $10 USD to $20 USD based on experience and location
The process 1. Initial application form (2 minutes) 2. Short teaching demo (5-15 minutes) 3. Interview (30 minutes) 4. Accepted into paid training* (1-4 hours) 5. 👨🏫 Hired and teaching your first student
*Get paid $50 training fee for attending and passing the training (paid after teaching 10 hours of Strive classes post-training)
The whole process can take less than one week for solid applicants.