About Strive | Making Kids’ Education Joyful & Meaningful
Strive is an online coding school for kids (8-16). We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by making coding fun and exciting. We focus, above all else, on making the process of learning joyful.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Role | Teaching kids coding online
Many kids find coding boring, many more are afraid, and even more think they are not “smart enough” to learn it. These kids will be left behind in an increasingly tech-driven world.
You will have the opportunity to transform kids’ lives by fundamentally reframing their confidence and perception of coding. You’ll give these kids 1 -2 joyful hours a week, where they will learn not only that they are smart enough to learn to code but that the process itself is incredibly fun.
Some more details
- Teach kids ages 8-16 how to code in Python/Scratch over Zoom.
- We provide you with all lesson material beforehand, which means minimal prep time.
- As a teacher, your role will be to guide the students to write the code for the full project, in a way that they can proudly say “I did this myself” or “we did this together”. This will require a lot of patience, empathy, and the skill of coaching. You’ll be problem solving and learning together along the way, and often our teachers learn a lot from their students.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply.
- You are fluent in any coding language.
- You have a lot of patience and a passion for working with kids.
- Must be able to commit to at least 5 hours of teaching a week.
- Have a strong and reliable internet connection.
- You know how to code in Python
- You’ve taught coding before
- You own an iPad/tablet
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world
🕐 Earn money on your own schedule
🧠 Deepen your coding skills, you’ll master programming concepts by teaching them.
👨🏫 Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs out there, you’ll feel amazing empowering students and putting a smile on their faces
- This is a part-time-time role that typically involves at least 5 hours of work per week
- Any applicant with less than 5 hours of availability in a week would not be considered
- Must be available during either of these two timezones
- US (Eastern/Pacific): Afternoons/evenings during the week, and all day on weekends
- Singapore: Afternoons/evenings during the week, and all day on weekends
- Location: All classes are online
Pay | $10 - 25 USD
- Hourly pay between 15-28 SGD (approx. $10 - 25 USD) based on experience and location.
1. Initial application form (2 minutes)
2. Short teaching demo (5-15 minutes)
3. Interview (30 minutes)
4. Accepted into paid training* (1-4 hours)
5. Final interview (20 minutes)
6. 👨🏫 Hired and teaching your first student
*Get paid S$50 training fee for attending and passing the training (paid after teaching 10 hours of Strive classes post-training)
Write to email@example.com