Role | Teaching kids math through code via Zoom
- You will be teaching Strive content to students in grades 4-10 through live online classes.
- We build content that teaches math through code, we use https://p5js.org/ to create visual interactive projects that teach a specific math and coding topic.
- You will be given all the material required for each module beforehand.
- As a teacher, your role will be to guide the students to write the code for the full project. This will require a lot of patience, empathy, and the skill of explaining math concepts.
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code
👨🏫 Teaching is one of the most rewarding jobs out there, you’ll feel amazing empowering students and putting a smile on their faces.
🧠 Deepen your coding skills, you’ll master programming concepts by teaching them.
Strive is an online coding school for kids. We help students start and commit to their coding journeys by focusing on active learning methods, engaging and empathetic teachers, and novel visual coding projects tailored to kids’ interests.
- Our mission is to make education more joyful and meaningful. We are starting with coding, but our goal is to redefine STEM education globally by creating the platform and content to teach math, science, and other subjects through coding.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- We’re a well-funded startup backed by YCombinator and early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
Qualifications | Know how to code and be passionate about teaching
- Strong mathematical foundation to teach Grade 4-10 math.
- Need lots of patience and a passion for educating young kids
- Have a strong internet connection
- This is a full-time role that typically involves 40 hours of work per week
- Availability on weekends is a must
- Preferred Locations: India and South Africa only
- Location: All classes are virtual
- Competitive pay for your region
The process 1. Initial application form (2 minutes) 2. Short teaching demo (5-15 minutes) 3. Interview (30 minutes) 4. Accepted into paid training (1-4 hours) 5. 👨🏫 Hired and teaching your first student
The whole process can take less than one week for solid applicants.
Write to us at email@example.com