We’re growing, and we’re looking for you to join in the fun! 😃
This role is perfect for a young go getter - someone freshly out of college who is eager to get hands-on experience in what it takes to get growth initiatives off the ground and to the finish line.
In our eyes, you’re a self-starter who doesn’t need someone to hold your hand. You’re confident in your abilities to understand a brief and then you are full steam ahead to make sure we deliver on the promise we made ourselves, our customers, and our students.
That said, you’re also curious - you don’t take things at face value and you ask clarifying questions to ensure you can make informed decisions.
This job won’t be easy - you’ll be doing bits of everything and in some cases, building the plane while you fly. But, it’ll be a lot of fun - are you up for the challenge?! 😬 🔥
Strive is the world's first coding class designed to empower kids to master math.
In live 1:1 lessons, students learn to code games and apps. Each project they build teaches a math concept taught at school. For example, students code games like Pong and by programming the balls’ position and speed they build a deep understanding of geometry and position.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- In the real world, engineers and financial analysts solve problems with code yet in school students are learning math the same way it was taught 100 years ago. Coding is the literacy of the 21st century and Strive is creating the content and platform to make math joyful and actually applicable to the real world.
- We’re backed by funds like Goodwater Capital (Early investors in Facebook & Spotify) and angels like the president of MasterCard Asia and the Founder of Sequoia India.
- We care more about your attitude than qualifications - but it would be helpful if you have qualifications in marketing or commerce
- You have the tools to work remotely (laptop + connectivity)
- Highly organised with meticulous attention to detail
- A very strong written communicator - you will be writing copy for social media and it needs to be bang on brand
- You have worked in a fast-paced environment before
- You’ve dabbled in growth hacking before
- You’re a fun-to-be-around individual 🤪
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world
🌈 Grow with a highly passionate and diverse team that is committed to making learning and work joyful
🎨 The opportunity to create content that isn’t just for views - it’s to change the world
💬 Have a voice and a space to bring your ideas to life in a small, non-hierarchical team
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code.
- This is a 3-month contract to start and has the ability to turn into a full-time role
- Work from wherever you’re most comfortable - you would need your own reliable laptop, internet and backup power
- You can choose to work part-time (15 - 20 hours per week) or full time (40 hours per week)
- You will be working mostly with the South African team between 08h00 and 17h00 CAT
- The role is a remote role for all countries worldwide.
- Competitive rates in your region.
- Fill in this application form (2-5 minutes)
- Record a quick video (5 minutes)
- Short call (15-30 minutes)
- Take home assignment (3 hours)
- Final decision