Do you remember what it was like growing up? Were you that kid who was always on YouTube or Instagram, dreaming about creating epic content? Did you take the leap and make it happen?
If so, please read on - you’re the kind of person that we’re looking for.
We’re an EdTech company that teaches kids how to code, but more importantly how to be joyful learners and independent thinkers. The work we do shapes and creates the leaders of the future.
Every day we capture hours of great content, and we want to empower someone bring this content to life.
What will you do?
- You’ll get full access to our bank of content - this includes lesson recordings, customer interviews, podcast interviews, and events that we run
- You’ll go treasure hunting to find the nuggets of joyful and share-worthy moments
- You’ll snip them together in whatever format makes most sense: GIFS, videos, collages, audio clips, or anything else your heart desires
- Bonus: You can help with the scheduling and posting of this content on our social media platforms
Strive is the world's first coding class designed to empower kids to master math.
In live 1:1 lessons, students learn to code games and apps. Each project they build teaches a math concept taught at school. For example, students code games like Pong, and by programming the balls’ position and speed, they build a deep understanding of geometry and position.
- We’re a remote-first company with teachers and employees from South Africa, Singapore, India, the USA, and the Philippines.
- In the real world, engineers and financial analysts solve problems with code, yet in school, students learn math the same way it was taught 100 years ago. Coding is the literacy of the 21st century, and Strive is creating the content and platform to make math joyful and actually applicable to the real world.
- We’re backed by funds like Goodwater Capital (Early investors in Facebook & Spotify) and angels like the president of MasterCard Asia and the Founder of Sequoia India.
- We care more about your portfolio than we do your qualification, that said, it would be beneficial if you had an Advanced Diploma or Bachelors Degree in multimedia, video editing, visual arts, graphic design, or similar
- The most important skill that we’re looking for is video editing - big bonus if you can do basic graphic design as well
- You need an eye for design and meticulous attention to detail
- You do not have to have formal work experience, but you do need a portfolio that showcases your work
Bonus and nice-to-haves
- You are a multi-disciplinary creative. You don’t just do video, you can do from graphic design to video editing to animation.
- You have a passion for content creation. 😍
- You can code 🤖
Why you should apply
🌍 Work from anywhere in the world
🌈 Grow with a highly passionate and diverse team that is committed to making learning and work joyful
🎨 The opportunity to create content that isn’t just for views - it’s to change the world
💬 Have a voice and a space to bring your ideas to life in a small, non-hierarchical team
🥇 Be a part of an education revolution, we’re one of the first and only companies in the world to teach math through code.
- This is a 3-month contract to start and has the ability to turn into a full-time role
- Work from wherever you’re most comfortable - you would need your own reliable laptop, internet and backup power
- You can choose to work part-time (15 - 20 hours per week) or full time (40 hours per week)
- You will be working mostly with the South African team between 08h00 and 17h00 CAT
- The role is a remote role for all countries worldwide.
- Competitive rates in your region.
- Fill in this application form (2 -5 minutes)
- Record a quick video (5 - 10 minutes)
- Short call (15-30 minutes)
- Take home project (1 - 3 hours)
- Long call (30-45 minutes)
- Reference checks
- Final decision
For solid applicants, the whole process can take less than 2 weeks.