- You will code various projects in P5JS which will be converted into teacher outlines that can be used in a Strive class to teach various math and coding topics.
- For example, one coding project is to teach students how to create a bouncing ball with the intention of teaching vectors. Here is the example teacher outline (80% of your job will be to make outlines like this)
- With a global team, we are looking for strong team players with good communication skills.
- Here is a list of other example projects our content creators have created:
- Coding a rocket to teach the coordinate system
- Coding the game pong to teach speed and velocity
- Drawing spirals to teach degrees and rotation
- Coding a clock to teach rates and fractions
- Coding a fraction calculator to teach improper fractions
- Coding a triangle classifier to teach the 6 types of triangles
- ... this list goes on and will grow with your help!
Strive exists to make math education more meaningful and applicable to the real world. To equip students with the tools they need to lead meaningful and happy lives.
Strive Math teaches middle and high school math through code via live online 1-1 classes. We make math more fun and connected to the real world by having students code games, art and visualisations using code. Our mission is to make math fun and equip students with the skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. Strive is founded by Pulkit Agarwal Stanford GSB Allum and & ExPalantir and Tamir Shklaz, 3x startup founder & South African Entrepreneur of the Year (2019). We started seven months ago and, as of today, teach 60+ hours of classes a week to 30+ weekly active students. We're backed by YCombinator and Entrepreneur First.
The following video shows an example Strive lesson. This can also paint a picture for how it's like to teach a Strive module:
- 8 - 20USD per hour based on speed and skill
- Must be a University student or University Graduate
- Strong mathematical foundation
- Must think through mathematics visually
- Have a creative flair for creating visual, fun and exciting projects
- Be able to break down complex projects into small building blocks and explain those building blocks succinctly
- Starts as a part-time job, and can convert to a full-time role
- This position is remote and hours are flexible
Applicants - Strive Content Creator & Teacher | Application Form
Fill out the "Strive Content Creator & Teacher | Application Form" form quickly and securely on Airtable.
Fill out the application form above
- Initial application (1-2 minutes)
- Short coding project (10-20 minutes)
- Introduction call (15-30 minutes)
- Long coding project
- Longer interview (45-60 minutes)
- Final decision