- Full-stack engineer working on everything from ideation, design and implementation.
- 2+ years of experience required.
- YC Backed Company, fully remote, unlimited paid leave.
- We're mission-driven to make math education more joyful and meaningful.
In the real world, when math is done by engineers or financial analysts, they use computers and code. Yet in school students are still calculating by hand. Coding is the literacy of the 21st century and Strive is creating the content and platform to make math more joyful and actually applicable to the real world.
Strive Math (YC S21) is a 1:1 tutoring service for 6–10th graders that teaches math through coding games and visualizations. For example, when students create the game "Pong", they bring algebra and geometry to life by determining how fast the ball moves and at what angle. They also learn coding at the same time.
Our vision is to replace STEM education in schools and universities globally through our unique pedagogy. Math, physics, biology, and economics should all be taught through code because that's how they are actually applied in industry.
We are a fully remote team consisting of 10+ employees/contractors from South Africa, Singapore, India, Egypt, the USA, and Europe.
About The Role
Here are a few examples of work you may do.
- Build a front end react app for Strive students to see all their coding projects and share with their friends.
- Build a retool app or deploy cloud functions to help manage customer payments and subscriptions.
- Create a workflow using cloud functions and zapier that will send a WhatsApp message to parents with feedback on how their child did in the class.
- Ideate and test your own ideas to hep
- Students learn how to code better.
- Increase parent engagement.
- Optimise our customer onboarding process.
This is not a comprehensive list, but just to give you an idea of the wide scope of work you'd be expected to do.
- You are passionate about end to end product development, going from idea to finished product and then iterating and improving.
- You are passionate about education and making it more joyful.
- Independent and self-driven: We're a fully remote company so you'll need to take ownership of your work.
- You've started a startup before or have taken a product from 0-1 at a company or in your free time.
- Familiarity in our tech stack: NestJS, React, PSQL, GCP.
- Experience in EdTech, for example, building or integrating learning management systems
- Fluency in p5.js
- You're a hardcore math nerd
Our Tech Stack
React, Tailwind, NextJS (All typescript)
NestJS (NodeJS Framework), Prisma, GraphQL (All typescript)
PSQL and Google App Engine hosted on GCP.
- You'd be working on something net new to the world. Very few people have tried and no one has successfully created the next generation of maths education: math through code.
- As the Founding Engineer, you'll influence the strategy, vision, and direction of the whole company.
- Joyful company culture: our mission is to bring joy back into education and we can only do that if we are joyful as a company, so having fun in our work is incredibly important to us.
- Fully remote, work from anywhere, work the times you want to work, unlimited paid leave. 🌎
- We'll top the competitive market rates for intermediate to senior engineers.