The Instructional Designer will apply deep knowledge of curriculum and pedagogy to create a world-class learning experience for Strive students.
- Develop a curriculum that engages and inspires students to learn math through code
- Design and implement assessments that help students to manage their own learning
- Support teachers through regular feedback sessions
- Develop, test, and implement effective teaching strategies
- Build a community of teachers and content creators
In the real world, when math is done by engineers or financial analysts, they use computers and code. Yet in school students are still calculating by hand. Coding is the literacy of the 21st century and Strive is creating the content and platform to make math more joyful and actually applicable to the real world.
Strive Math (YC S21) is a 1:1 tutoring service for 6–10th graders that teaches math through coding games and visualizations. For example, when students create the game "Pong", they bring algebra and geometry to life by determining how fast the ball moves and at what angle. They also learn coding at the same time.
Our vision is to replace STEM education in schools and universities globally through our unique pedagogy. Math, physics, biology, and economics should all be taught through code because that's how they are actually applied in industry.
We are a fully remote team consisting of 10+ employees/contractors from South Africa, Singapore, India, Egypt, the USA, and Europe.
- Must be able to code in Python
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a strong foundation in curriculum development and/or pedagogy
- Must be able to apply math and code to teach diverse topics (i.e., Algorithmic Art, Digital Music, Science + Engineering, Game Development)
- 3+ years teaching experience or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in education or a STEAM field
- Full time (40 hrs/week) with a flexible schedule
- Starts February 7, 2022