What is this competition?
Recently, 21 students were divided into eight teams to compete in an online AI competition and workshop. Their mission was to find solutions for real-world issues like climate change and world hunger, utilising AI technology. As part of their submission, the participants created accompanying text and images. It's inspiring to see young minds coming together to make a positive impact on our world.
Submissions needed to be of the theme: “AI To Solve Real World Problems”. Some example projects students could work on include:
- Create an illustrated book explaining the science behind climate change and what we can do to solve the problem.
- Create a business plan for a sustainable energy startup.
- Write a fictional story about a family in Asia affected by hunger to raise awareness of world hunger.
- Compile a report on the countries most affected by hunger.
The prizes 🏆
There are two categories of prizes.
- Community favourite, the project that got the most votes
- The best overall submission will be judged by a panel of judges, from tech startup founders to AI experts.
Each member of the winning team will get to choose between
- A $30 gift card to any store they like
- Tickets to Superpark at Suntec City
Who is Strive?
Strive is an online coding school for kids aged 8-16.
- 1-on-1 coding classes tailored to kid's skill-level and interests.
- Expert teachers that kids love.
- Learn to code real-world projects like games, apps and animations.
Want to join our next AI workshop?
We’re planning on hosting another workshop on June 10 and repeating them on a monthly basis if you’re interested in attending or learning more fill in this form: